WHAT KIND OF PHOTOGRAPHY DO YOU NEED?
My photography rates are pretty much in line with the average for the Boston area.
- PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY – Model Portfolio, Editorial, Environmental, Head shots, Boudoir, Glamor, Social Media, Promotional Collateral, etc.
- EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY – Concerts, Raves, Parties, Art Galleries, Births, Anniversaries, Nightlife, Festivals, Corporate, etc.
- MULTIMEDIA JOURNALISM – Photojournalism, Public Relations, Political Campaigns, Photo Essays, etc.
My photography covers a wide range of styles and genres, but is all tied together with a photojournalist’s eye and ethics. You’re hiring a photographer and photojournalist, not a Photoshop artist; therefore, I will never hide behind digital manipulation.
Even if it involves bending time and space, it will be done in-camera and always with the intent of depicting The Truth™.
WHAT ARE YOUR RATES?
There’s a lot of labor that takes place behind-the-scenes.
My photography rates are based on the total time involved to produce your images. This may include round-trip travel from my point-of-origin to the location of the shoot, set up and tear down on-site, and any post-production work, etc.
- 1st hour – $300
- Additional hour – $200
- Half day (About 4 hours) – $700
- One full day (About 8 hrs) – $1,200
- Multiple days – We should definitely talk about it.
I am always willing to work out a fair price. For example, sometimes a per-photo-rate may be more appropriate and advantageous.
HOW FAR AWAY ARE YOU?
I am based around Boston, Massachusetts.
- Less than 100 miles of travel – Travel time is already included
- More than 100 miles of travel – $100 per hour of travel
Although I am located in the city of Boston, I do travel. A lot. Sometimes for fun.
Travel fees are based on my point of origin. I may happen to be closer to you than Boston, on the day of photography. I have partnered with photography clients in CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, and RI. For the right projects, I can travel farther if needed. Travel and starting location is always worth sending me a message to discuss in more detail.
HOW DO YOU BOOK ME?
My booking process is fairly standard for photographers.
I’m here to help you feel comfortable and excited about your shoot! Please reach out to me with any ideas you may already have in mind. If you don’t have anything concrete in mind, that is okay, too.
- We will brainstorm together.
- After going over details of your shoot, and only if we both feel comfortable moving forward, I will send you a contract outlining what we discussed.
- To schedule the time and date(s) for your shoot, and to legally bind the contract, an initial payment is required.
- The initial payment is equal to approximately 50% of the estimated budget and it will be applied to your final invoice.
Please remember that until an initial payment is made, neither of us is obligated to the other. Among other things, that means no vendors or assistants will be confirmed and no dates will be scheduled.
The time it takes to work out an understanding of what is expected from both sides, the scope of your project, and to give a reasonably accurate estimate of rates, travel, and any other potential costs prior to any formal agreement by contract may seem daunting, but it’s always worth the effort. Fully informed consent and setting expectations matters greatly!
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER COSTS TO CONSIDER?
Every photography project has different needs.
Depending on the complexity of your photo shoot, any of the following may apply:
- Licensing and Usage (Including full buy-out)
- Location / Permit / Legal Fees
- Flight / Train / Bus tickets
- Photographic Prints
- Equipment Rentals
- Commercial Use
- Post Production
- Media Delivery
- Creative Fees
- Make up
Etc, etc, etc…
HOW DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY?
I accept the following forms of payment:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
An installment plan could be arranged on a case by case basis.
Ready To Schedule a Photoshoot?
Shoot me a message and let’s talk about it!