The following information about protecting yourself from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is taken from the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Know How it Spreads:
COVID-19 spreads when an infected person breathes out droplets and very small particles that contain the virus. These droplets and particles can be breathed in by other people or land on their eyes, noses, or mouth. In some circumstances, they may contaminate surfaces they touch. People who are closer than 6 feet from the infected person are most likely to get infected.
Take steps to protect yourself and others:
- Get vaccinated and stay up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Wear a mask
- Stay six feet away from others
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces
- Test often to help prevent spread to others
- Wash your hands often
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
- Monitor your health daily
- Take precautions when you travel
- Follow recommendations for quarantine
- Follow recommendations for isolation
For more the most current information, visit the CDC’s website.